How to Install Mobile Phone Spy Software
This guide is designed to help you get started and learn how to install mobile phone spy software. This is for you if you have no previous experience installing such software. Technically, you could ask what sort of training does anybody need to install a simple software program? And you may have a point in that!
But it would surprise you to know just how many people get stuck with the simplest of issues. And these problems usually begin with a faulty and amateur installation. So here we are, saving the day for you and hopefully for many others.
Giving an Overview
The point of this tutorial is to give you an overview of how cellphone spy software is installed. You must bear in mind that it isn’t feasible to cover the specific details of the installation process for every single program out there. So what we’re doing here is just giving a breakdown of how it all works so that you know what to expect.
This is just one part of my main guide to phone spy software – it gives a lot of information about how it all works – make sure you read it!
Every software installation will be slightly different but if you follow the basics, and have patience, you can’t go wrong – I hope! Don’t worry no real technical expertise is needed, just the ability to follow instructions.
Flexispy have introduced a very easy to use installation wizard – making set up even easier, might be a good place to start for the technically challenged!
Before You Start – What You Need To Know
You should have already chosen the software you’ll be downloading – carefully selecting it for the features you need. I hope you have read my reviews! You should also do a compatibility check. The official website of the software companies should display the list of compatible devices/operating systems. If you can’t find a compatibility list on the official website then get in touch with their customer support and check if your device is compatible. Remember there can be differences in compatibility across the different programs.
Remember that Apple Operating system devices will need to be Jailbroken before you can install the spy software. Read my article about that first.
For Andriod devices – Rooting is Not necessary – although some advanced features require it – read my article explaining it.
Before You Start – What You Need To Have
It is very important for you to be in a place with uninterrupted high speed internet. Also you must have access to your email application. It is best to be close to your PC but it is not mandatory. And the most important thing you need is focus; don’t get distracted. Oh and YOU MUST HAVE THE TARGET PHONE.
Time for Installation
Before we start the step by step instructions, you must make a mental note to yourself that in some cases the order of the steps described here may slightly change. This is due to the different security measures taken by different software vendors. But the gist of it always remains the same.
- Step 1: Sign up at your choice of spy software provider. You should always sign up with a valid email address that you can access anytime. Make the payment taking care to select your preferred package.
- Step 2: Setup your account. This step involves filling out a few simple forms online. Depending on the vendor, you might be able to create an account with just your name, username, and password, or in some cases you might have to provide your cellphone number and address too. Again depending on the vendor, this step of setting up your account can happen before or after you purchase/download your software, or at the time of activating the software. Your details are confidential.
- Step 3: Check your email. You should get at least two emails. The first one will be a confirmation of your purchase/download and a receipt. And the second one will contain the product activation key/code and the download link of the software. The second email should also contain a specific set of download instructions or at least contain a link to the instructions. You might get a third email that asks you to click on a link to verify your email address. If you get it, then click on the verification link and verify your email address before doing anything else.
- Step 4: Follow the instructions on the second email. You must follow those instructions to the letter without an exception. Make sure you download the software to the phone you intend to monitor – directly i.e. open the download link using the web browser on the target phone.
- Step 5: When the download is over and you run the application, it will ask you for a product activation key/code. You should copy the activation key/code from your email and use it to activate your software.
- Step 6: You should restart your phone to complete the process and make sure the software runs properly.
Also as a safety measure, you should clear your web browsing history to make sure no one finds out about the software download.
How Long Does it Take to Install?
Technically, I can do this in around five minutes in most cases. That is if you know what you are doing and have a little experience. Definitely allow at least fifteen minutes if it is your first time. Try to avoid rushing – the installation is the most important part of the whole monitoring process. Most problems with spy software arise from poor installation and user errors.
Setting Options and Testing
Most monitoring programs come with default settings and they can only be changed from the online dashboard but a few of them ask you to configure the settings during the installation process. You should choose the settings that suit your monitoring needs.
It usually takes around 30 minutes for the spy software to start monitoring and sending reports. After around 30 minutes it is a good idea – if you have time – to do some checks. You should browse web pages, make calls, send texts, use apps and see if they show up in the reports in your online dashboard. If at all possible I always recommend that you go through these initial checks, just to be sure that everything has been installed correctly. After that you don’t need to have the target phone again.
Tracking Through the Online Dashboard
The online dashboard is where the spy software sends all its reports. It is usually on the vendor’s website, or in a website owned by the vendor. You will find the login link in one of the emails. You have to login with the username and password you chose during account setup. After you login you can track all the activities of the target mobile device.
In most cases, you can do everything from the online dashboard without touching the phone again. You can even uninstall the software discreetly. Every online dashboard is different, but the main features are the same. Depending on your subscription type, you can see where the phone is located, you can see the browsing history, texting history, call history etc. and in some cases you can even see the files stored on an SD card.
The best way to learn about using the online dashboard is to check out the live Demo versions – most vendors now have a fully set up and working demo dashboard on their sites. It is all pretty easy to navigate.
Virtually everything is then controlled from this dashboard – from account management to changing settings on the target phone.
As I have mentioned, don’t panic if the actual installation steps of your chosen software are a little different from the ones that are explained here. Every spy software is a little different but the main process is the same. Just take a little time and go slowly – step by step and you will have success.